In honor of the post I am hoping to write tomorrow, I would like to take a moment to detail my least favorite animals on the planet. This is no beauty contest and needless to say will NOT include pictures as I am terrified of the following animals.
10. Turtles. Yes turtles. Not sea turtles, but small turtles. Why you ask? Well if you don’t look at their shell, they have the head of a snake. I know it’s not a snake, but sometimes I can’t get over it. Plus some of them bite.
9. Cockroaches. These insects are the scum of the earth and they crunch when you kill them.
8. Flying cockroaches. You’re coming in late and trying to find your keys while standing on the front porch. All of a sudden you hear something buzzing. Oh it’s probably just a cute, innocent June Bug you think. No, it’s not. It’s a FLYING COCKROACH in your hair! Why God, why?
7. Tarantulas. Long fuzzy legs. I cannot talk about this anymore.
6. Alligators. When I was little we used to go to Brazos Bend State Park and bike the path to a look out tower. That path went along a swamp that contained alligators. I still remember to this day sitting in my bike seat on the back of my dad’s bike crying. Getting eating by an alligator would be a tragic way to die.
5. Crocodiles. These animals are said to be vicious. Thank God they stay away from Texas. Minus the guy who has his own crocodile farm.
4. Sharks. You will never catch me swimming in open, deep water. I’m always convinced there’s one secretly hiding in the deep end of pools.
3. Bears. Bears are worse than alligators, crocodiles, and sharks. They don’t stay near water, they just wander out in the open ready to eat a delicious looking hiker.
2. Non-poisonous snakes. Yes this even includes the garden variety.
1. Snakes. All snakes, yes I’m even including the previously mentioned non-poisonous snakes. All snakes must die. I, unfortunately, will not be the one killing them. I will be running away screaming bloody murder. Satan was a snake. Need I say more?